After reading Proof of Heaven and The Map of Heaven it amazed me to learn how many people have not only read them but have had NDE’s (near death experiences) themselves or have had family members that have! And how many people have bought several copies of both books and passed them out to family and friends!
I asked a few of my friends that I knew had read the books if they would like to get together and talk about the books and any personal experiences that they might have had or heard about. Long story short………today we had 6 people sit down in the garden room in the warm sun on a cold day to talk about the books and the subject of them! 2 more people wanted to be here but couldn’t arrange it this time.
Some of the topics that we discussed:
1. How does is this book different from the many other books on the subject?
2. Did reading the books change the way you think about GOD, Heaven, Death, and Life after death?
3. How did the recent incident about a popular book/movie about a 4 year old child that claimed to have died and gone to Heaven and come back make you feel? Did it remove the credibility of Proof of Heaven for you?
4. 5 of the 6 gave “testimonials” of their experiences with death and dying.
5. How was the wife of the author of Proof of Heaven effected by the book and all of the publicity that followed?
6. The above discussions led to talk about religions, life challenges, and the lessons of life that we learn here on earth.
7. Major point…………..nobody at the meeting was afraid of dying. We all think that dying is just a change from one form into another….like going from black and white TV to color with high-definition! A lifting of the veil!
I’ve read 100’s of books! And this is the first book club meeting I’ve ever attended much less created.
That’s really something to think about!
If you have questions, send a comment or an e-mail, all in confidence.